A Personal Approach
When you come to Pullman Regional Hospital’s BirthPlace, you can expect an award-winning experience.
Our goal is to make your birthing experience as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and our staff works around the clock to ensure you receive outstanding nursing care by highly trained staff. It is important that you feel informed and supported in all of your birthing decisions, and that you know you can count on us for follow up care long after you are discharged.
We feel honored to be part of your family’s new beginning.
- Highly skilled nurses who LOVE delivering babies and caring for them after birth
- We offer family-centered recovery if you have a planned cesarean section
- Overhead chimes announcing the birth of your baby played throughout the hospital
- Ready for Baby Program that assists you with some of the admission paperwork and provides a personal pre-visit tour of BirthPlace
- Caring for Baby Program provides you with a free follow up visit
- A free Halo sleep sack to take home
- Our International Board Certified Lactation Consultants and specially trained nurses help families achieve their breastfeeding goals
- Family suites designed for you and your family with a pull-out bed for a guest
- Free handmade baby hats (knitted and donated by Pullman Regional Hospital Auxiliary members and other volunteers)
- Keepsakes: Footprints for the baby’s book and a beaded baby name bracelet
- Baby’s picture on the web, with emailing options
- Special celebratory meal options
Our goal is to keep mom, baby and guests as comfortable as possible during this exciting time. Your birthing suite will do just that.
All of our suites are equipped with whirlpool tubs and showers for use before and after your baby is born, along with baby bathing sinks so your family can participate in baby's first bath. Rooms also have microwaves and refrigerators, TV's with DVD players, a table and chairs, a desk, free wireless internet service, and a comfortable couch that pulls out into a double bed for your partner. For a more home-like feeling, all of our emergency equipment is hidden behind closed doors.
Caring For Your Baby
The first hours with your newborn are a precious time. We encourage you and your baby to spend as much time as possible together by rooming-in. Click for information about the benefits of rooming-in.
BirthPlace provides the support you need to make breastfeeding a rewarding experience. Our nurses and certified lactation consultants provide personal counseling and instruction while you are in the hospital. Our certified lactation consultant also provides follow-up counseling after you go home.
We model and teach safe sleep practices to our patients and their families. We are committed to being a community leader and pro-actively eliminating as many sleep-related deaths as possible. Click for information about Safe Sleep Practices.
From Us to You: Special Meal for Two
After a safe delivery, we invite you to indulge in a gourmet meal fit for a celebration. If including the family is more your style, you can choose to celebrate with a delicious ice cream cake that serves up to ten people. Or, choose to celebrate at home with a fruit basket full of an assortment of fresh fruit, crackers, cheeses and candies.
Schedule your BirthPlace tour today