Partners in Excellence
An official partnership between Pullman Regional Hospital and Washington State University
Partners in Excellence
Partnerships are an integral part of our strategy as move to the Next Era of Excellence at Pullman Regional Hospital. This includes our partnership with Washington State University. Partners in Excellence is an enhanced partnership that brings together the resources of the hospital and a leading research university with a medical school to improve community health.
"Strengthening our partnership and expanding our collaborative opportunities will help move Pullman Regional Hospital and Washington State University forward in our mutual pursuit of excellence in serving our community." - Scott Adams, CEO, Pullman Regional Hospital.
"I’m delighted to formalize our longtime partnership with Pullman Regional Hospital. This is a win-win, not only for the university and the hospital, but for the broader community. Our students are big winners too—especially those in health-related fields—as they’ll gain expanded training opportunities and mentoring that will make them more effective professionals." - Kirk Schulz, President, Washington State University
Specific areas of collaboration are:
- Health & Wellness Support and Education: A commitment to build healthier communities, unique to the region, including the WSU student population and an aging population in a rural area of the state. Mobilizing resources and sharing expertise can result in improved health outcomes.
- Clinical Affiliation Agreements/Workforce Training: To provide experiential training and mentoring to enhance opportunities for students from all of WSU’s health sciences programs, WSU College of Nursing, WSU College of Pharmacy and the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine.
- Human Resources/Employee Recruitment & Retention: As two major employers in the region, we will work together to coordinate and promote employment opportunities.
- Advancement through Community and Alumni Engagement: To work with supporters of both organizations, including WSU Alumni, to facilitate fundraising efforts for healthcare projects, such as the Rural Residency Training Track for Family Medicine Physicians.
- Innovative Health Solutions: Through the hospital’s Center for Learning & Innovation and WSU’s healthcare and health science programs, provide joint research and project development on population health and advancement of care.