Pullman Regional Hospital Women’s Choice Award winner in patient experience five years running
May 1, 2018
Pullman Regional Hospital has been named one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in two different areas – one for Patient Experience and one for Obstetrics – by the Women’s Choice Award®, America’s trusted referral source for the best in healthcare. The award signifies that Pullman Regional Hospital has been ranked within the top 100 hospitals in the country of similar size based on number of beds.
Women’s Choice is a national award, based on the recommendations and preferences of women as measured by HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) data. This makes the fourth time we have received both awards. This makes the fifth time that Pullman Regional Hospital has received the award for Patient Experience and the fourth for Obstetrics.
The specific HCAHPS survey measure used for patient experience was:
- Effective communication with nurses and doctors
- Responsiveness to requests for help
- Pain management
- Explanation about medications before being administered
- Bathroom and room cleanliness
- Patient recommendation rating
- The percentage of patients reporting through the HCAHPS survey that they would definitely recommend the hospital.
- Patient safety ranking based on 11 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ measure of infection and complication rates.
- Baby Friendly USA designation, a World Health Organization initiative to support breast practices for breast feeding education and counseling.
Pullman Regional Hospital is in the top 17 percent of 2,815 US hospitals offering obstetrics. Designation criteria included: