Nicole Weiss, R.N., Obstetrics, recently received a DAISY Award, part of a nurse recognition program at Pullman Regional Hospital. The DAISY Award is an international program that recognizes nurses who go above and beyond to care for their patients. Every quarter, nominations are sent from Pullman Regional Hospital patients and their families to recognize nurses who demonstrate the following criteria:
- Establishes a special connection with the patient and their family.
- Works well with the healthcare team to meet patient and family needs.
- Includes the patient and family in the planning of their care.
- Does an excellent job educating the patient and their family.
- Exemplifies the mission, vision and values of Pullman Regional Hospital
- Demonstrates extraordinary clinical skills in the delivery of compassionate patient care
Nicole was nominated for “making patients feel safe and treating them like family.” One patient expressed, “Nicole is the reason I will continue to use Pullman Regional Hospital, in hopes that there are more Nicole’s spread throughout the facility.”
To learn more about the DAISY Award, or to nominate a nurse at Pullman Regional Hospital, please visit: https://pullmanregional.org/how-to-help/thank-your-provider/daisy-award.