Brittney Kitto, R.N., Medical Surgical Care Unit, recently received a DAISY Award, a nurse excellence program at Pullman Regional Hospital. The DAISY Award is an international program that recognizes nurses who go above and beyond to care for their patients. Every quarter, nominations are sent from Pullman Regional Hospital patients and their families to recognize nurses who demonstrate the following criteria:
- Establishes a special connection with the patient and their family.
- Works well with the healthcare team to meet patient and family needs.
- Includes the patient and family in the planning of their care.
- Does an excellent job educating the patient and their family.
- Exemplifies the mission, vision and values of Pullman Regional Hospital
- Demonstrates extraordinary clinical skills in the delivery of compassionate patient care
Kitto was nominated for her “compassionate and calming presence” and “the over-and-above effort she puts into taking care of each patient, especially at end of life stages.”
To learn more about the DAISY Award, or to nominate a nurse at Pullman Regional Hospital, please visit: https://pullmanregional.org/how-to-help/thank-your-provider/daisy-award.