COMMUNITY HEALTH IMPACT FACULTY FELLOWSHIP
The Pullman Regional Hospital Center for Learning and Innovation announces a competitive fellowship for Washington State University faculty.
The Pullman Regional Hospital Center for Learning and Innovation (CLI) announces a competitive fellowship for Washington State University faculty. The Community Health Impact Fellowship is intended to encourage applicants to use the power of creativity and commitment to innovation to support Pullman Regional Hospital in its effort to be a regional leader in healthcare.
- Be a full-time faculty member at Washington State University
- Have the endorsement of his/her Dean and/or Department Head
- Obtain IRB approval, if applicable
The Community Health Impact Fellow will be awarded the following:
- $5,000 fellowship (funds will be paid directly to the individual)
- Attend Community Health Impact Fellowship Welcome/Orientation
- Attend the 2019 Pullman Regional Hospital Health Innovation Summit
- Share outcomes of project with Pullman Regional Hospital staff, Board of Commissioners and community partners.
- Submit a final report addressing project goals, methods, findings and/or outcomes and possible recommendations. These reports will be published on the Center for Learning and Innovation web page.
- Fellows are encouraged to notify CLI of pending materials produced and/or publications relating to project.
Pullman Regional Hospital Commitment
Pullman Regional Hospital commits to the following as specified within IRB and HIPAA guidelines:
- Access to data
- Real-time experiences in a clinical setting
- Qualitative research opportunities
- Quantitative research access
- Priority access to hospital resources and appropriate hospital staff
- To promote and encourage the future and on-going success of all Fellows, materials produced and or publications relating to Fellowship project/research will be published on the Center for Learning and Innovation web page, per notification and applicability to Center’s mission and goals.
Criteria for Selection
We are seeking individuals to facilitate efforts to transform the experience and delivery of healthcare through the enriching nature of innovation. Applicants should have excellent communication and organizational skills and an ability to work with professional medical staff and community partners.
Projects should result in improvements in the overall health of Pullman Regional Hospital’s service area and should specifically align with the following areas of strategic emphasis:
- Alternate models of care delivery (i.e., care coordination and telehealth)
- Design and development of a community-wide electronic health record
- Designing physical space to support a team based approach to care (i.e., primary care, family practice residency program, behavioral health)
- Products or process improvement to further the role of technology in preparing clinicians for providing safe, high quality care.
Complete the Community Health Impact Fellowship application by February 7, 2019. Electronically submit the completed application with supporting documents as a single PDF email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions can be directed to Noel Nicolai (509) 336-7404 or email@example.com.
Proposal should address the following:
- Provide a brief overview of project/research and how it relates to one or more of the innovation priorities listed above.
- Describe the impact this project will have on the hospital and/or the community.
- What resources from Pullman Regional Hospital will be required (e.g. data, access to patients, access to medical professionals, etc)?
- What are the desired outcomes?